Centro who are the issuer of the travel pass, have recently been renamed to Transport for West Midlands (TfWM)
What is the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme?
- Gives all older people and all eligible people with a disability in England free travel on local buses between the hours of 09:30 and 23:00 Monday to Friday and all day Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays
- Holders of passes with a TFWM) on them are also entitled to free travel on the Midland Metro tram and on trains operating within the Network West Midlands area.
- Each pass bears the English Rose graphic and also the name of the issuing authority.
- Individual authorities may specify enhancements to the scheme within their own local areas. Details of any enhancements offered will be available from the local authority who issued the pass. TfWM offer cards to those people living within the West Midlands County.
Using your FREE pass -
1. Remove the pass from your purse of wallet (as they don't work next to bank cards)
2. Simply touch the pass flat onto the reader (there is no need to rub it). You only need to do this once when you get on the bus.
3. Hold it still until you see a green light and hear a beep, this shows your pass is working.
4. Enjoy your free travel!
You should be ready to show your pass to authorised staff or ticket inspectors if requested at any time during your journey.
Can I use my pass on the Midland Metro or on the train?
YES - If your pass was issued by TfWM - you can also use it on the Midland Metro trams and trains within the Network West Midlands area. Show your pass to the conductor or ticket inspector when asked.
NO - Holders of passes issued by other local authorities - are required to pay for their Midland Metro tram journeys and train journeys within the Network West Midlands Area. Passengers not holding a valid ticket or pass will be liable to pay a penalty fare.
Applying for your pass:
For people living within the West Midlands County: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall & Wolverhampton your pass will be issued by TfWM. You can download an application from from the Network West Midlands website or you can call the Transport For West Midland (TFWM) Ticketing team on 0345 303 6760.
For people who live outside of the West Midlands County, your Concessionary travel pass will be issued by the authority who administers your local concessionary travel scheme.
Lost and damages cards:
If your pass was issued by TfWM please contact the Concessions Team on 0345 303 6760 to arrange for a replacement.
Replacement concessionary cards can be ordered and paid for over the phone or at TfWM Travel Centre in New Street Rail Station. All replacement tickets will be posted first class and should be received within 5 working days.
Holders of passes issued by other local authorities will need to contact their own issuing authority
For more details about the Older Peoples National Concessionary Passes and Blind and Disables National Passes please see the Network West Midlands website or contact the Transport For West Midlands ticketing team:
By phone: 0345 303 6760 (Opening hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday)
By post: The Ticketing Delivery Team, TfWM House, 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3TR
Last updated: January 2017