The aim of National Express Bus and The Metro is to have an overall positive impact on the environment, with journeys made on our services resulting in less pollution than would be the case if our customers chose other modes of transport.
We are committed to taking the lead in looking to maintain the environmental advantages of public transport and we will work with industry bodies and key stakeholders to achieve this. National Express Bus will report publicly on our environmental performance in the Group Corporate Responsibility Report.
Recognising that our operations can also have an impact on the environment, we are trying to minimise the effects through good management practice.
This policy will form the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets:
The Engineering Director is the Board Director with specific responsibility for the environment.
- National Express (Bus) have developed and will maintain a systematic approach to environmental management
- to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and other standards, prevention of pollution
- and continual improvement in performance.
- National Express (Bus) will provide staff with the necessary training, support and resources.
- National Express (Bus) will require contractors and suppliers to manage the environment in line with this