From Sunday 23rd April 2017 we have the following service changes in the Birmingham area -
Service 3 - Yardley Wood to Birmingham city centre
- The service will be withdrawn between Yardley Wood, Slade Lane and Shirley Green Business Park.
- Revised timetable to reflect the above changes.
Services 80, 80A - West Bromwich to Birmingham
- Buses on the 80 are rerouted between Fenton Street and Smethwick High Street to serve Holly Lane, Devonshire Road and Stony Lane up to every 20 minutes.
- NEW 80A service operating up to every 20 minutes via Spon Lane, Smethwick High Street, Price Street, Windmill Lane, Shirland Road which will replace part of the 83 and 50A &50C then will continue the 80 route from Cape Hill to Birmingham giving a combined up to 10 minute service between Cape Hill and Birmingham via Five Ways.
Service 83 - Birmingham to West Bromwich
- The 83 will be withdrawn and mostly replaced by new service 80A, running between Birmingham, Five Ways, Cape Hill, Smethwick and West Bromwich.
- The 80A will run up to every 20 minutes, meaning more buses for customers between Windmill Lane and Birmingham.
- Between Kenrick Park and West Bromwich, service 89 will provide a replacement.
- Devonshire Road will be covered by a change to service 80.
Services 82, 87 - Bearwood / Dudley to Birmingham
Service 89 - Birmingham to West Bromwich
- The 89 will now run to West Bromwich rather than to Oldbury or Blackheath.
- The route between Birmingham and Smethwick (Stony Lane) will remain unchanged. From Stony Lane, the 89 will serve Rolfe Street, Brasshouse Lane, Dartmouth Road, Kenrick Park and West Bromwich.
- New service 120A will replace the 89 between Oldbury and Blackheath.
- Customers travelling between Oldbury and Smethwick can continue to use service 87.
- Customers travelling between Oldbury or Birmingham and Rood End can use services 120, 120A or 128.
Servcies 48 & 48A: West Bromwich to Bearwood and Northfield
- New service 48A will run between West Bromwich and Bearwood, replacing part of the 50A and 50C.
- The 48A will serve St. Paul’s Road, Holly Lane, Salop Road, Bristnall Hall Road, George Road, Abbey Road, Three Shires Oak Road and Bearwood Road.
- More buses will run between West Bromwich and Bearwood. Buses on the 48 & 48A will now run up to every 15 minutes.
- The 48 will continue to extend to Harborne, Q.E. Hospital and Northfield up to every 30 minutes.
Service 98 - Rubery to Birmingham city centre
- Revised timetable throughout the week to improve reliability and to provide a joint service with service X64 between the QE Hospital and Birmingham city centre.
Service 99 - Birmingham to Halesowen
- The 99 will be withdrawn and replaced by the extended 244 between Halesowen and Q.E. Hospital and by the revised X64 between Birmingham City Centre and Q.E. Hospital.
Service 244 - QE Hospital to Dudley
- Buses will extend from Halesowen to the QE Hospital up to every 30 minutes replacing part of service 99.
X64 - Woodgate to Birmingham city centre
- The service is re-routed between the QE Hospital and Birmingham city centre via The Vale and Five Ways instead of Bristol Road.
- Revised timetable is introduced throughout the week.
Services 120, 120A - Birmingham to Dudley / Blackheath
- Buses will continue to run up to every 10 minutes between Birmingham and Oldbury.
- Between Birmingham and Oldbury, the frequency of buses on Sunday daytimes will be increased to up to every 20 minutes.
- NEW service 120A will replace the 89 between Blackheath, Lion Farm and Oldbury. The 120A will run to the same route as the current 89 between Blackheath and Oldbury and then continue through to Birmingham along the current 120 route.
- The 120 will continue to run between Birmingham, Oldbury and Dudley every 20 minutes.
- The frequency of buses between Blackheath, Lion Farm, Oldbury and Birmingham will be increased from up to every 30 minutes to up to every 20 minutes on the new 120A.
- Journey times to Birmingham for customers will be reduced, as the 120A takes a more direct route to Birmingham than the 89.
Service 126 - Wolverhampton to Birmingham
- Buses will be rerouted in Birmingham to serve Brunel Street and Hill Street to Birmingham only.
- Buses also rerouted in Wolverhampton via George Street and Snow Hill.
- Lichfield Street, Victoria Street and Cleveland Street will not be served with timetable changes extra time added into the timetable for journeys from Birmingham to Wolverhampton to help with the delays caused by Oldbury viaduct works.
Services 127, 128, 129 - Dudley / Oldbury / Merry Hill to Birmingham