Blind & Disabled Concessionary Passes

What is The English National Concessionary Travel Scheme?:

Using your pass on 'Smart' buses:

Using your Concessionary Travel Pass is easy (you can even keep the pass in its wallet).
Simply touch the pass flat onto the reader. You only need to do this once - when you board the bus.
When you place your pass onto the reader you should see a green light and hear a beep - this shows that your pass is working correctly.
You should be ready to show your Concessionary Travel Pass to authorised staff or ticket inspectors if requested at any time during your journey.

Can I use my pass on the Metro or on the train? 

Applying for your pass:

For people living within the West Midlands County:
If you live in the West Midlands County (Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton) your pass will be issued by Centro. Application is by post, application forms are available from: 

For people living outside of the West Midlands County:
Your concessionary travel pass will be issued by the authority who administers your local concessionary travel scheme. The Department for Transport website lists details of Bus Concession Pass providers in England.

Lost and damaged cards:

If your pass was issued by Centro please contact their ticketing concessionary department on 0345 303 6760 to arrange for a replacement.
Replacement Concessionary cards can be ordered and paid for over the phone or at the Centro Travel Centre at New Street Rail Station.
All replacement tickets will be posted 1st class and should be received within 5 working days.

Holders of passes issued by other local authorities will need to contact their own issuing authority.

More Information:

For more details about the Blind & Disabled National Pass please see the Network West Midlands website or contact the Centro ticketing team:

Last updated: January 2014