Concessionary bus passes

What is the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme? 

Using your FREE pass - 

Using your Concessionary Travel pass is easy

1. Remove the pass from your purse of wallet (as they don't work next to bank cards) 

2. Simply touch the pass flat onto the reader (there is no need to rub it). You only need to do this once when you get on the bus. 

3. Hold it still until you see a green light and hear a beep, this shows your pass is working.

4. Enjoy your free travel!

You should be ready to show your pass to authorised staff or ticket inspectors if requested at any time during your journey. 

Can I use my pass on the Midland Metro or on the train? 

Applying for your pass: 

For people living within the West Midlands County: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall & Wolverhampton your pass will be issued by Centro. You can download an application from from the Network West Midlands website or you can call the Transport For West Midland (TFWM) Ticketing team on 0345 303 6760. 

For people who live outside of the West Midlands County, your Concessionary travel pass will be issued by the authority who administers your local concessionary travel scheme. 

Lost and damages cards:

If your pass was issued by Centro please contact the Transport for West Midlands (TFWM) Concessions Team on 0345 303 6760 to arrange for a replacement.

Replacement concessionary cards can be ordered and paid for over the phone or at the Transport for West Midlands (TFWM) Travel Centre at New Street Rail Station. All replacement tickets will be posted first class and should be received within 5 working days. 

Holders of passes issued by other local authorities will need to contact their own issuing authority

More Information

For more details about the Older Peoples National Concessionary Passes and Blind and Disables National Passes please see the Network West Midlands website  or contact the Transport For West Midlands ticketing team:

Last updated: January 2014