- To ensure payment can be taken from the nominated bank account on
the due date and that the bank account is in the name of the applicant.
Two successive bacs rejections will result in you no longer being
eligible for the scheme.
- On Line Applications - Failure to supply a passport sized
photograph in sufficient time for the order to be fulfilled will result
your payment being refunded less a £5 administration fee without further
- On Line Applications - Payment for the first ticket on the direct
debit scheme takes place by credit/debit card at the time of ordering,
this allows us enough time to process your application. This does not
guarantee acceptance to the scheme should you subsequently fail the
credit checking process or have supplied an incorrect type of bank
account for direct debit purposes.
- If your ticket has not arrived five days before your current
ticket expires, you must inform the Direct Debit Team.
We will issue a replacement ticket. Should you fail to notify National Express Dundee within these timescales we will not refund travel tickets that have been
purchased as a result of tickets not arriving due to a delay in the
- To take all reasonable steps to keep your travel ticket safe.
Please report any loss or theft of your ticket or photocard ID card to
the Direct Debit Team replacements are provided for a fee of £6.00 for
each section. Child Direct Debit accounts are entitled to one free
replacement per term for subsequent replacements a fee of £5 for each
section of your travel ticket will be required. This fee may be subject
to revision without prior notice. Refunds will not be given for any
additional tickets purchased. Replacements will only be issued at the
discretion of National Express Dundee. We reserve the right to refuse to issue
- To ensure that you have your valid ticket with you for every
journey, no refund will be made on tickets purchased in the case of
lost, stolen or forgotten tickets.
- To give at least one month's notice of amendments to bank and
building society details and of change of name, address or any change to
- To give at least one month's notice in writing of your intention to cease
Direct Debit payments or you may be charged an administration fee,
currently £5, for bank charges incurred by National Express Dundee.
National Express Dundee's Obligations
- With respect to ticket renewals, provided your monthly Direct
Debits are paid on the agreed date, a new ticket will be posted to you
at least five days prior to the expiry date shown on your current
- To give at least 10 days written notice of any price changes, except when tax changes require an immediate price change.
Other Terms and Conditions
- The scheme has a minimum contract term when joining of 12 months
from your initial start date. Should you leave the scheme within 12
months of joining, National Express Dundee reserves the right to charge an application
fee of £15 to cover our costs if you subsequently decide to rejoin the
- If you leave the Direct Debit Scheme, you may rejoin the scheme
one month after your last direct debit payment, providing your account
has no outstanding balance and has been conducted in accordance with our
policy. Any subsequent application will be subject to the normal new
- Tickets available through Direct Debit have a validity of one
month; we will not refund whole or partial amounts due to membership
- We reserve the right to refuse any application or terminate any
application should we consider the behaviour of the member to be
unacceptable or abusive to staff employed by National Express Dundee.
- We reserve the right to terminate direct debit arrangements if the
scheme or the tickets are misused in any way, or if direct debit
payments are not promptly and regularly paid via the nominated bank or
building society account.
- Direct debit tickets are not transferable and are issued subject
to the current Conditions of Carriage and to the Conditions of the
- We use the services of a Credit Reference Agency to confirm the
name, address and credit status of the person paying the direct debit.
Terms & Conditions - relating to Child Term Plus ONLY
- You must ensure that all ten monthly payments can be taken from
the nominated bank account on the due date (normally the 1st of the
month, or next working day).
- For those requiring a 16-18 Photocard, you must complete a 16-18
Photocard Application form endorsed by the child's school / college and
return it to National Express Dundee. This form will be specific to the
Child Direct Debit Scheme and will be supplied on receipt of
application and subsequently each Academic Year. Failure to complete
this form by the deadline advised will result in your child no longer
being eligible for child rate travel. We will not be responsible for
late applications. The 16-18 Photocard Scheme is governed by rules
determined by Transport Scotland who will require a newly endorsed 16-18
Photocard application completed by the school / college in the event the
application is for a replacement ticket.
- All child applicants will be issued with an appropriate photocard (subject to conditions 2. above) by National Express Dundee.
- Provided that 10 consecutive Direct Debit payments have been
cleared by your bank or building society and that the child is still
eligible for child rate tickets, your last two tickets will be issued
free of charge. National Express Dundee reserves the right to alter
these rules without prior notice.
- If you leave the Direct Debit Scheme earlier than the ten
consecutive payable months or if you are no longer eligible for a child
rate ticket, no pro-rata refunds in relation to the 'two months free'
will be paid.
Terms & Conditions – relating to Adult Products ONLY
Tickets maybe suspended for a minimum of one full calendar month and
up to a maximum of six months provided you give one month's notice.
Otherwise your account will be closed and a new application will need to
be submitted. National Express Dundee reserves the right to charge an administration
fee for this service.