The Military Covenant is an important tool to help support our armed forces community. We have worked alongside The Royal British Legion, University Hospital Birmingham, The MoD and other organisations to deliver this package of support. Below is the information of and the contact details for our military covenant.
- Guaranteeing any ex-service personnel an interview subject to CRB and driving licence standards;
See www.driveourbus.com for more details.
- Guaranteeing an interview with our engineering department for anyone leaving the forces with engineering qualifications;
See www.yournxjob.co.uk for more details.
- Creating a ‘Welcome home’ ticket giving ex-service personnel a months free travel to find work outside of the forces and a family version for those relocating from postings;
Please email your name, address, discharge letter and evidence that you are actively seeking employment to
- Providing free travel to families visiting soldiers at the Military Hospital at QE; These tickets are available through the Military Hospital, please ask a member of hospital staff for details.
- Providing a 10 day extension of the annual leave enjoyed by employees who are reservists; National Express UK Bus recognises the important contribution made by members of the Territorial Army and the amount of time members have to sacrifice due to their service. To help our members of staff who are members of the TA we are extending their annual leave by ten days to ensure they get the same holidays, days with their family and rest as other members of staff.
Click here to read to read reservists Dave story.
- Promoting local Armed Forces Day and Remembrance activity on website, social media and on-board our vehicles in the West Midlands, Coventry and Dundee;
- Decorating a significant percentage of our fleet with a poppy in the build up to Remembrance Sunday;
- Inviting Royal British Legion veterans to sell poppies on key commuter services;