Concession Schemes

Free Travel for Over 60s

Scotland-Wide Free Bus Travel started on 1st April 2006 and allows anyone aged over 60 and eligible disabled people, to travel free on both local registered services and long distance bus services within Scotland. There are no peak-time restrictions.

To take advantage of this free bus travel you need a National Entitlement Card.

Getting a Card

To apply for your National Entitlement Card visit or call Dundee City Council for an application form (LS304 for over 60's) or (NCT001 for disabled)

Using your Card

Please place your card on the bus ticket machine and tell the driver where you are travelling to.

Replacing your card

If your card has been lost or stolen, contact your local council to order a replacement card. 

Concessionary Travel for Young People

The Scotland-Wide concessionary travel scheme for young people started on 8 January 2007. It allows all 16 - 18 year olds and young full-time volunteers up to the age of 25 concessionary travel on buses, rail and ferries throughout Scotland. The Scheme provides a third off bus and rail travel throughout Scotland.

Getting a Card

To get your card you can call Young Scot Infoline on 0808 801 0338 (open 12:00 to 20:00) or email or visit