Route 289 will be replaced with new, modified routes
West Bromwich to Merry Hill via Portway Road & Blackheath
West Bromwich to Blackheath via Stuart Road
- The new 3 & 3A will replace the 289 between West Bromwich and Merry Hill, and the 120A between Oldbury and Blackheath.
- Buses will run up to every 15 minutes between West Bromwich and Blackheath and every 30 minutes to Merry Hill.
- Rowley Regis Hospital will not be served directly by the 3, but will continue to be served by the 4M, running up to every 20 minutes.
- The new 12 & 12A will replace the 120A between Oldbury and Birmingham.
The good bits:
+ Buses through Lion Farm will now be better spaced – up to every 15 minutes.
+ More buses will run from Lion Farm to West Bromwich.
+ All buses from Oldbury to Lion Farm will stop on the same side of the road in Oldbury (outside the library).
The sad bits:
- Passengers travelling from Lion Farm to Birmingham will need to change buses in Oldbury.
New 3 / 3A timetable - 2nd September 2018
New Route Map
Click on the map to view in a larger format and/or download.