Bus service changes from 29 August 2021
We are making changes to bus services from 29th August, including improved bus links, revised frequencies and some route changes.
The latest confirmed changes will improve journeys by adjusting services to meet customer demand and also take into account the expected increase in traffic from September.
Chris Gibbens, our Commercial Director said:
“Children are going back to school in September, so roads will be busier and more people will be travelling. These latest timetable improvements will keep the region moving by enabling our buses to run more reliably and get our customers to where they need to be.
“We’re changing some routes to better meet the recent and emerging travel patterns of our customers, as well as bringing overall improvements across our network. Some roads may have a different service than the service they have now and some journeys will change, and we’ve worked hard to ensure reliable connections and alternatives remain in place.
“The latest service changes and our recent fares reduction make it even easier for customers to safely get back to normal. I’d urge everybody to check our service change page for full details of how these changes might affect them. All of our new timetables are available on the website now and printed information will be available soon.”
Most timetables have minor adjustments. A summary of additional service changes are outlined below with full details available here.
- Service 1 - Replaced by services 85/85B between City Centre, New Century Park and University Hospital.
- Service 1 remains between City Centre and Chapelfields with a revised route, providing a new link to Coundon.
- Service 2 - New service replaces the 10 between City Centre and Tile Hill South via Earlsdon and Torrington Avenue.
- Service 3 - Change to timetable with reduced late evening and Sunday service between Hen Lane and Arena Shopping Park.
- Service 3S - Replaced by new service 14 with one morning and afternoon peak journey extended to Blue Coat School.
- Service 5, 5A - Service 5 has timetable changes, including every 30 minutes to Radford and hourly services extending beyond Radford to Arena Shopping Park.
- New service 5A every 30 minutes between City Centre and Kingsbury Road via Barker Butts Lane.
- Service 6S - Extra school service withdrawn. Route is covered by service 6.
- Service 7, 7A - Revised route between Brownshill Green and City Centre, running directly via Holyhead Road instead of Barker Butts Lane. Also extended to Sewall Highway and Bell Green via Ball Hill to replace services 10/10A. The extension to Lions Park will no longer operate.
- New service 7A from Kingsbury Road via Holyhead Road to the City Centre, also serving Sewall Highway and Bell Green.
- Service 8, 8A - Increased evening frequency to Allesley Park.
- Service 9, 9A - Revised route running directly via Warwick Road and Leamington Road between the Rail Station and Memorial Park. Stoney Road and Humphrey Burtons Road will be served by the new service 19.
- Service 10, 10A - Replaced as follows:
- between City Centre and Bell Green by service 7, 7A
- between City Centre and Tile Hill by service 2
- between City Centre and Westwood Business Park by service 19
- Service 10S - School service withdrawn. Route is covered by the 19.
- Service 13, 13A - Additional weekday early morning journeys.
- Service 14, 14A - Peak frequency increased to every 15 minutes between City Centre and Eastern Green. One morning and afternoon journey extended to Blue Coat School to replace the 3S.
- Service 18, 18A - Peak frequency increased to every 15 minutes between City Centre, Canley and Tile Hill.
- Service 18A has a revised route via Prior Deram Walk for links to Westwood Business Park.
- Service 19 - New service replaces the 10A between City Centre and Westwood Business Park with revised route via Stoney Road, Humphrey Burtons Road, Leamington Road and Kenpas Highway instead of Kenilworth Road.
- Service 24 - New service replaces the 539 with a revised route between Coventry and Kenilworth.
From Pool Meadow via Cox Street, New Union Street, Coventry Rail Station, Warwick Road, Leamington Road, Brentwood Avenue, Howes Lane and Mill Hill to Baginton, then to Bubbenhall, Kenilworth and Tile Hill Station.
- Service 25, 25A - New service replaces the 580 with a revised route between Coventry and Rugby.
From Pool Meadow via Cox Street, New Union Street, Coventry Station, Warwick Road, Leamington Road, Brentwood Avenue, Howes Lane and Mill Hill to Baginton, then to Ryton, Princethorpe, Bourton, Dunchurch and Rugby.
- Service 25A will also serve Bubbenhall.
Routes 24, 25 and 25A provide an hourly service between Coventry and Baginton.
- Service 85, 85B - 85A is renumbered 85. Revised route serves New Century Park and Binley Road to replace part of the 1 service and provide customers with earlier morning and later evening services. No longer serving Tesco in Rugby.
- Service 539 - Replaced by service 24.
- Service 580 - Replaced by service 25/25A.
- Service X30 - Revised timetable with frequency increased to every 30 minutes.
Our team has worked closely with Transport for West Midlands through the Bus Alliance to provide the right public transport network for the region, including the coordination of all these latest changes to bus services.
Other bus operators and local rail services have been changing their services at different times and in different ways. For information on other services please visit www.tfwm.org.uk.