From Sunday 1st September 2019 changes will be made to a number of our services in the West Midlands, including changes to routes within the Kingshurst and Chelmsley Wood area.
In response to feedback from customers and local councillors on bus services in the Kingshurst and Chelmsley Wood area, we are pleased to announce that we will making a number of improvements to services from 1st September 2019. In particular, these changes will provide more buses and new links for Cooks Lane, Chelmsley Road, Over Green Drive, Gilson Way and Marston Drive.
58 - Solihull - Kingshurst
- The 58 will extend beyond Yardley to Lea Hall, Shard End and Kingshurst, providing direct links to and from Solihull town centre & Solihull Hospital.
- From Yardley Swan, the 58 will serve Yardley Yew Tree, Church Road, Queens Road, Whittington Oval, Lea Hall Station, Meadway, Kitts Green Road, Lea Village, Lea Ford Road, Packington Avenue, Hurst Lane (for Morrisons), Chester Road, Over Green Drive, Marston Drive, Gilson Way and Fordbridge Road (operating along Fordbridge Road as far as the bus turning circle).
- The 58 will reinstate the link between Yardley and Kingshurst previously provided by the 59 until 2017.
- Buses will run up to every 30 minutes on Monday to Saturday daytimes.
- The 58 will partly replace the 99, which will no longer operate from 1st September.
71 - Sutton Coldfield - Chelmsley Wood
- The route of the 71 will change between Castle Bromwich and Chelmsley Wood to additionally serve Kingshurst (Over Green Drive, Marston Drive and Gilson Way).
- Cooks Lane and Chelmsley Road will still be served.
- In Castle Bromwich, buses will no longer serve Hall Road or Chester Road and will instead run directly along Bradford Road.
- This is to allow buses sufficient time to serve Kingshurst. Hall Road and Chester Road will still be served by the 96, X12 and X70.
99 - Shirley - Acocks Green - Sheldon - Lea Hall - Shard End
- Service will be withdrawn from the 1st September and replaced by changes to service 58 and new service 32.
X12 - Birmingham - Solihull
- Service will divert between Castle Bromwich and Chelmsley Wood to additionally serve Cooks Lane and Chelmsley Road.
- This will provide Cooks Lane and Chelmsley Road with new direct links to Birmingham, Birmingham International Airport and Solihull and with more buses to Chelmsley Wood.
- There will be minor timetable changes to reflect this change of route.
What this means for:
Cooks Lane and Chelmsley Road
- More buses to and from Chelmsley Wood. Now up to 6 buses each hour on services 71 and X12.
- New direct link to Birmingham on the X12 - fast between Bromford and Birmingham.
- New direct links to Birmingham International Airport and Solihull - up to every 20 minutes on the X12.
Over Green Drive, Marston Drive and Gilson Way
- More buses to and from Chelmsley Wood. 71 diverted to cover Kingshurst directly, in addition to service 55.
- New 58 provides direct link along Fordbridge Road and new links to Morrisons, Yardley Swan and Solihull.
- New direct link to Castle Vale and Sutton Coldfield on the 71.
- The 58 reinstates a service directly along Fordbridge Road, providing links to Morrisons, Yardley, Solihull and Solihull Hospital up to every 30 minutes.