Concessionary Passes for Older People

What is the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme?

Using your pass on 'Smart' buses:

Using your Concessionary Travel Pass is easy (you can even keep the pass in its wallet).
Simply touch the pass flat onto the reader. You only need to do this once - when you get on the bus.
You should see a green light and hear a beep when you place your pass onto the reader - this shows that your pass is working.

You should be ready to show your pass to authorised staff or ticket inspectors if requested at any time during your journey.

Can I use my pass on the Metro or on the train?

Applying for your pass:

For people living within the West Midlands County:
If you live in the West Midlands County (Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton) your pass will be issued by Centro.
Download an application form from the Network West Midlands website

For people who live outside of the West Midlands County:
Your concessionary travel pass will be issued by the authority who administers your local concessionary travel scheme.

Lost and damaged cards:

If your pass was issued by Centro please contact the Centro Concessions Team on 0345 303 6760 for a replacement.
Holders of passes issued by other local authorities will need to contact their own issuing authority.

More Information

For more details about the Older Peoples National Concessionary Pass please see the Network West Midlands website or contact the Centro ticketing team:

Last updated: January 2014