Route 126 will change, with two new express services being introduced
Birmingham to Dudley via Bearwood
- The 126 will now run between Birmingham and Dudley only.
- To improve the reliability of this service, it will no longer run to Wolverhampton. This section of the route will be served by the new X7 & X8.
The good bits:
+ We’ve shortened the route to improve the reliability of this service.
+ New services X7 & X8 will run every 10 minutes between Wolverhampton and Dudley, and then provide an express service to Birmingham city centre.
The sad bits:
- Some passengers travelling across Dudley will need to change buses in Dudley to the X7 or X8.
Wolverhampton to Birmingham via Dudley & City Hospital
- The new X7 will replace the 126 between Wolverhampton and Dudley, and provide a new express service from Dudley to Birmingham.
- Buses will run up to every 20 minutes, and will start and finish at Colmore Row in Birmingham city centre.
- Between Dudley and Birmingham, the X7 will run via New Birmingham Road, Wolverhampton Road, Portway Road, Oldbury Interchange, Oldbury Road, Cranford Street and Dudley Road, serving City Hospital.
- Buses between Wolverhampton and Dudley, will continue to run up to every 10 minutes in combination with the new X8.
- To reduce journey times, not every bus stop will be served between Dudley and Birmingham. Buses will stop at Dudley Bus Station, Castle Gate, Burnt Tree (Tesco), Regent Road, City Road, Florence Road, Newbury Lane, Rounds Green Road (Chapel Street), Oldbury Interchange, Birmingham Road (motorway bridge), Spon Croft, Smethwick Galton Bridge Station, Smethwick Regent Street (for Smethwick High Street), Crocketts Lane, Dudley Road/Heath Street, Dudley Road/City Hospital, Spring Hill Island (Tesco), Charlotte Street and then all stops to Colmore Row.
- Platinum buses will serve most X7 journeys, offering comfier seats, extra legroom, free wifi and USB charging points.
The good bits:
+ New express link between Birmingham, Smethwick, Oldbury and Dudley.
+ New, fast links from City Hospital to Oldbury, Dudley and Wolverhampton.
Wolverhampton to Birmingham via Dudley & Blackheath
- The new X8 will replace the 126 between Wolverhampton and Dudley and the 140 between Dudley and Birmingham.
- To reduce journey times, not every bus stop will be served between Quinton and Birmingham. The stops that will be served are the same as those served by the X10
- Buses will run up to every 20 minutes, meaning there will be more buses for passengers between Dudley, Springfield, Blackheath and Birmingham.
- Buses between Wolverhampton and Dudley will continue to run up to every 10 minutes in combination with the new X7.
- Platinum buses will serve most X8 journeys, offering comfier seats, extra legroom, free wifi and USB charging points.
The good bits:
+ More buses between Dudley, Springfield, Blackheath and Birmingham.
+ More faster buses will run along Hagley Road. Combined with the X10, fast buses will run up to every 10 minutes between Quinton and Birmingham.
Travelling between Dudley and Birmingham?
If you are travelling between Dudley & Birmingham the quickest options to choose are the new X7 & X8, which are express services.
Dudley bus station:
- X7 & X8 departs from stand D
Birmingham Colmore Row:
- X7 departs from stand SH3
- X8 departs from stand SH2
- 126 departs from stand SH1
New 126 timetable - 2nd September 2018
New X7 / X8 timetable - 2nd September 2018
New Route Map
Click on the map to view in a larger format and/or download.